My fellow Americans,
Like some Americans today, I was shocked, stunned, and numb. For a moment, I felt like I can’t breathe; the worst possible scenario happened. Donald Trump won. First, I would like to congratulate his teams for all the hard work they have done for him, and all his supporters who exercised their rights to vote. Second, I would like to thank our Americans out there who did not protest or act in violence. Like Michelle Obama said, “when they go low, we go higher.”
No matter what we believe in, this is America, our democracy has not died yet. Yes, we are more divided than ever before. Yes, this election validate that we have issues that we need to work on.
I am at a point, where I respect America’s decision, and we must come forward as one if we want to survive and become the nation of freedom. I truly hope (and pray) that Mr. Donald Trump, President-Elect, will lead us to right path (or at least do not take America backward).
Good afternoon everyone!
Happy Sunday ~ I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ^^ Did you watch the new Marvel movie (Doctor Stranger) yet? I haven’t, I planned to, but well, plans changed.
Anyway, for this post, I just want to show you guys what is in my “make-up” bag. It is a make-up bag, but there is nothing in it that would considers as “make-up” product beside my lip balm. This Sheshido bag is a “free” bag when you purchase one of their products in Nordstrom. Last two weeks ago, I decided to restock my Sheshido eye cream / mask products, hence I received this goodie bag. This bag is like my second go-to wallet. I have a mini-wallet that has most of my essential (money duh).
So let’s us begin:
- Battery charger – My iPhone 6S always run out of battery, I blame it on snapchat!
- Vaseline lip therapy – my lips need more attention during this time of year.
- My voter registration card – Go vote people! I haven’t voted yet, but I am planning to go there on Nov 8th!!!
- Burt’s Bees lip balm – this is such a great lip balm, it moisturizes your lip and gives your lips a little bit red color, what else do you ask from a lip balm?
- Post-It tabs – I love to have this item with me all the time since I can bookmark my book while I am reading them on the train!
- Double Mint gum – I need to have a fresh breath.
- White thread – Just for good luck 🙂
- Credit Card – Extra card just in case I forget my wallet.
- Cash – Some stores do not accept credit card.
- Spare car key – Just in case I “accidentally” locked myself out of my own car – it happened before.
- Earphones – Yes sometime you can listen and dance to your own music without interrupting your surroundings.
- Rings – A little accessory can go a long way, plus I am obsessed with rings!
- Last but not least, comb, sometimes, my hair tends to get out of control.
13 items, I did not count these items before I started this post. 13 huh? I consider 13 is a good number (at least for now). Thank you for reading this post, and if you have a “What’s in my bag” post, please let me know. I would like to check it out.
I hope your Sunday is well, my Sunday is quite alright. I am not looking forward to Monday, but at least I have a job on Monday. Something that I was worried last three weeks ago. It was almost a month since I got laid off from my previous job. And a miracle happened, and here I am working for another company for two weeks now.
First week was a typical training week for new employee, I was able to learn more about the systems, how to operate, and what procedures and workflows are. Second week went by fast, I feel like everyone there is really great, and they have been very supportive. I do not encounter any strange vibe from anyone yet, plus I follow certain rules that I read back then discussing what to do during your first few weeks at your new job, and here is the list:
- Never brag about your experience – always be humble (I feel like this is a given, everyone should know this)
- Never share your political belief – because you never know what other people agree with you or not; it is a risky business.
- Do not bring any smelly food – yea I learned this one, mental note, everyone.
- Do not kiss-ass your new boss – people do not like it, and personally, I want to stay out of drama.
So yes, these are the four bullet points that I found. If you find other “Dos and Don’ts”, please let me know, I would like to read about it!
October has been a really emotional roller-coaster ride month for me, both in my professional and personal sectors. I am so glad that this month is almost over, and so excited for what’s next to come.
Being Salty as always,
OH MY GHAWD…. I got hired (for different company, of course)!!! And the salary/position is way better than my previous company! Is this real life?!?!?!
Okay so I was let go on last week of September 2016, I spent the next week searching for jobs like a madman. I received few interviews last week, and one of them actually offered me a decent compensation, and I accepted it with a heartbeat. I already started working for them since Monday.
This is crazy, I can’t believe it, I did not stay unemployed for too long. The first thing I did after I signed the agreement form?I freaking UPDATED my social media sites (Facebook and Linkedin) to show my ex-company’s workers what I am capable of. But honestly, I am just too happy to even feel anything right now!
I am so thankful to have the opportunity to meet few people in my ex-company. They inspire me to be a better person and show me that being young does not mean that you are inexperience or not good enough for your job. Good things come to those who wait (and work hard for it), and I truly believe it.
For those who is reading this post, I wish you the best! If you are in the same position as me (I hope you are not), please do not give up hopes. Things will get better; once the rain stops, the sun will shine.
And of course, I am still a little bit salty about my previous workplace,
Oh well, life goes on.